Recipe | Vegetarian or Vegan Spag Bol

Photo via Pinterest.
Just looking at this photo makes me want to eat it. LOL. Yes, I am back with a recipe blog post today. 
I am known for always cooking this and I love making it. It doesn't take me that long. Everybody knows that this is a classic, meat or no meat. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the first of my little lifestyle blogs. I will write here again soon. Kate xx. 

Ingredients | What You Need
Diced or freshly chopped onions (red or white) 
Olive or Sunflower oil (whatever amount works best. I always add more if needed)
Selection of various frozen vegetables 
Brown Sauce and Tomato Sauce to flavour
Spaghetti
Boiling water & saucepan
Frying pan or wok
Vegetarian or Vegan Mince

Instructions | What To Do
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes (how long all of this usually takes me) :
Heat up the oil in the pan, adding the mince and vegetables, stirring regularly. 
Wait until everything has softened
Add more oil if needed and carry on stirring

The saucepan should also be already gently simmering with the spaghetti for roughly 10 minutes. Quick Cook only takes me 5 minutes if I'm using that. I find it very handy if you don't want to wait ages. I was watching Jamie Oliver on the Food Channel and he always says to boil the kettle instead of just waiting for the water to boil in the pan. 
That's good advice for weekly food preparation. 

Saving some pasta water and adding it to the sauce makes it better if you want some more sauce. Add the tomato and brown sauces to the ingredients in the pan and turn the heat down. Drain the pasta from the water that has been boiling and put in a bowl. 
Place the veg and mince on top of the spaghetti and there you have it. 
Enjoy this post guys and give it a go if you want to. 

This blog post is the first of many new content coming on my blog. 






Comments

Popular Posts