Circa Survive

Image from Pinterest. 
Hello guys, on my blog today I want to chat about a band that means so much to me - Circa Survive. I've been listening to Circa Survive since 2014. I wanted a new band to listen to as I really needed some new music, and On Letting Go was right at the top, and from the first ever listen, I was hooked. Completely. 
Circa Survive have been around for ten years, On Letting go was released in 2007 and I love how calming it is all the way through to the first to last song. This album is amazing, I adore it and it sounds even better if you can't sleep at night. You will definitely fall asleep if you listen to all track by track. I know that I always do. 
I will do each album and track list so you know which songs feature. First up is On Letting Go. 
Released 2007, 12 songs, 45 minutes
Tracklist: 
Living Together
In The Morning And Amazing...
The Greatest Lie
The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose
Mandala
Travel Hymn
Semi Constructive Criticism
Kicking Your Crosses Down
On Letting Go
Close Your Eyes To See
Your Friends Are Gone

Favourite song - Living Together - Beautiful song and it always picks me up when I'm feeling down. I feel like it has a hidden message that only I know about. It's like a secret that I would never tell ever. 
Favourite lyric - From winter brings the spring again | From In The Morning and Amazing. I adore this lyric, it has a really beautiful vibe to it. I would love to get it inked on my wrist one day. 

Second album is Blue Sky Noise
Released 2010, 12 songs, 49 minutes 
Tracklist:
Strange Terrain
Get Out
Glass Arrows
I Felt Free
Imaginary Enemy
Through The Desert Alone
Frozen Creek
Fever Dreams
Spirit Of The Stairwell
The Longest Mile
Compendium
Dyed In The Wool

Favourite song - Imaginary Enemy. I love the whole song. It's gorgeous to listen to on rainy days. 
Favourite lyric - I tried so hard to be what you needed | From Imaginary Enemy. This reminds me of a friendship gone wrong and no matter what happens, you can't get that back. Friendships have to end sometimes. 

Next up is Juturna
Released 2005, 12 songs, 45 minutes
Tracklist:
Holding Someone's Hair Back
Act Appalled
Wish Resign
The Glorious Nosebleed
In Fear and Faith
The Great Golden Baby
Stop The Fucking Car
We're All Thieves
Oh. Hello
Always Getting What You Want
Meet Me In Montauk
Bonus Track

Favourite song - All of them
Favourite lyric - Don't have one. I know Meet Me In Montauk was used in the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I think, not too sure. Great film. 
Then we have Descensus
Released 2014, 10 songs, 49 minutes
Tracklist:
Schema
Child of the Desert
Always Begin
Who Will Lie With Me Now
Only The Sun
Nesting Dolls
Quiet Down
Phantom
Sovereign Circle
Descensus

I'm fairly new to this album, so it's hard to choose a favourite song and lyric if I'm honest. I wasn't actually aware Circa Survive had a new release out. 
And finally, The Amulet. I love it so much and I have really been enjoying it a lot. 
Tracklist:
Lustration
Never Tell a Soul
Premonition of the Hex
Tunnel Vision
At Night It Gets Worse
Stay
Rites of Investiture
The Hex
Flesh and Bone
The Amulet

I'm not skeptical about this album, I adore it. 
Circa Survive really are a band that are here to stay. They mean so much to me. They're absolute perfection, I will cry. They have helped me through my toughest battles. They are my safe camp in so many wonderful ways. I know I can always take and find solace in their music. The whole band, along with the music, means more to me than I can put into words. I'll always be eternally grateful for everything you do for me. 
Thankyou all so much.
Thankyou Circa Survive for keeping me safe. 

And finally to Anthony Green. 
Thank you for helping me through each day with your soft voice and wonderful songs and meaningful and inspiring lyrics.  




Comments

Popular Posts