Poem | Rivers

It's Sunday and I have one of the latest poems I've written to share with you. This latest piece is called Rivers...

When I think of rivers, I see little bits of the ocean running down small rocks surrounded by grass and dirt
A tiny trickling sound made by that water overflowing over the rocks, like the sound of rain
As if the streams could speak...
When I see rivers
I wonder what their language is
What they talk about
What they see, what they hear and know
The stories they tell
I want to hear those stories

Rivers make such beautiful sounds when water pours over the rocks that sound like singing. A poem written without any words. A song without a tune or lyrics at all. A voice, quiet and low that nothing comes out to say anything. A garden without any flowers but there are always flowers around. Nothing makes things better than to see flowers blooming.
When I look at a river...I'm reminded of the way they sing. 

Comments

Popular Posts