Flowers and Flower Shops | Poem

Happy Sunday my lovelies.
I have a little poem for you all today, written by me in October 2017, so I thought it was only right that I share it with you. Enjoy! 

When I was a little girl, 
I had a dream of owning a flower shop of everything melancholic and euphoric
To be braced around colour and photosynthesis
Roses were my favourite
Flowers speak a different language than me
I try to get them to open up
But they refuse to say anything
How unresponsive they are.

I remember being fascinated by flowers
Where they came from
Who picked them
Who decided on the colours of the flowers
What type they turned into
Everyone likes different types of flowers

I like watering flowers at night
Because it keeps them fresh
And I know that there are more to flowers than meets the eye because flowers are so much more than photosynthesis and colour
I am sorry I find flowers more interesting than people.
I am sorry that flowers show positivity, not negativity, I am sorry, that when I was a kid I wanted to be a florist.

Comments

Popular Posts